- Chapter Events
- Why Should I Join?
- Alphian Connection
- Job Bank
- Journal of Transportation Management
EDUCATING TOMORROW'S TRANSPORTATION PROFESSIONALS TODAY
Delta Nu Alpha is an international organization of professional men and women in all areas and at all levels of transportation and logistics. The cornerstone of Delta Nu Alpha's success is its emphasis on education, financial assistance and mentoring for students. We also provide excellent continuing education opportunities for the work force and vigilance in communicating changes in regulations. In addition to a strong international organization, Delta Nu Alpha has chapters in locales all across the continent.
PAY MEMBERSHIP DUES
Journal of Transportation Management
Below is a list of the current presidents for the various chapters. If you are interested in attending a meeting in these areas you can contact the local president for more information.
Louisville, KY Derbytown Chapter 112 - Lori A Kelsey email@example.com phone: 502-266-6084
Nashville Volunteer Chapter 135 - Jim Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
Milwaukee Chapter 317 - Steve Rose email@example.com
Bowling Green Chapter - Marvin Claywell firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 270-629-1131
Chapter 750 at Large - David Riggs email@example.com
South Florida Chapter 53 - Jim Glover Fortjimfl@aol.com
See you in the Fall!
Why Should I Join?
Are you employed or have an interest in the transportation industry? OR Are you studying related transportation courses, including sales, marketing, logistics and transportation brokerage, 3PL or computer technology?
If your answer to either question is YES, then there is a place for you in Delta Nu Alpha.
If you are in business, government or academia as an employee, owner, educator or student involved with trucking,
railroads, manufacturers, ship lines, airlines, small package centers or government organizations—Delta Nu Alpha is
You owe it to yourself and your career to be affiliated with an organization whose primary objective is to promote
greater knowledge of logistics and transportation among its members. Delta Nu Alpha promotes the exchange of information, experience, ideas, and cooperation and works to foster an appreciation of the logistics professional as a motivating force in industry and commerce. Through monthly meetings, logistics and transportation professionals are kept informed of ever-changing developments within our fast-paced industry.
Delta Nu Alpha advances professional ethics among those engaged in transportation and logistics management and encourages young persons of ability to enter and remain in the field of transportation and logistics management as a life work.
All members benefit through...
1. Seminars sponsored by Delta Nu Alpha at the local, regional and national levels, including chapter meetings.
2. A nationwide networking system that provides opportunities to contact other industry professionals in your area and across the country.
3. Access to transportation professionals in North America through Delta Nu Alpha’s Directory of Members.
4. Monthly updates to Chapters providing the latest news about Delta Nu Alpha.
5. Scholarship opportunities.
6. Access to the Job Bank, a listing of jobs and members seeking employment.
7. Recognition by your peers through an annual awards program.
8. Assistance with planning for National Transportation Week.
9. A Delta Nu Alpha membership pin. (Given at chapter meetings)
10. Our monthly newsletter, The Alphian Connection, containing news about Delta Nu Alpha for Delta Nu Alpha members.
11. Chapter Assistance, which provides your local leaders with leadership tips, fund raising and program ideas.
12. A Membership Certificate.
In addition, GOLD MEMBERS receive...
13. Journal of Transportation Management — a practitioner-oriented technical publication.
14. Special recognition at the Annual Conference for providing additional financial support to Delta Nu Alpha.
How Can I Join?
There may already be a DNA chapter in your community. Why not get acquainted by attending one of their meetings?
Annual dues for Silver Membership are $75; Gold Membership dues are $125; and Student Membership dues are $35.
Payment Methods: check, Visa, American Express or MasterCard. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or visit our website: www.DeltaNuAlpha.org
Winter 2013/2014 Alphian Newsletter
Fall 2013 Alphian Newsletter
Spring 2013 Alphian Newsletter
Fall 2012 Alphian Newsletter
July/August 2012 Alphian Newsletter
May/June 2012 Alphian Newsletter
March/April 2012 Alphian Newsletter
January/February 2012 Alphian Newsletter
December 2011 Alphian Newsletter
October/November 2011 Alphian Newsletter
September 2011 Alphian Newsletter
August 2011 Alphian Newsletter
Transportation Job Opportunities
Be sure to tell employers you saw the posting on the Delta Nu Alpha website!
No opportunities available at this time.
The Journal of Transportation Management Editor is Dr. John C. Taylor. Dr. Taylor is Associate Professor and Director of Global Supply Chain Programs in the School of Business at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. Wayne State is one of Michigan’s three large research universities and is home to some 30,000 undergrad and graduate students. The School’s Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management hosts the Global Supply Chain Management Major. Wayne State also offers a supply chain elective track in its MBA Program. Dr. Taylor works with five supply chain faculty and 120 undergraduate supply chain majors at Wayne State. The School’s Global SCM Program web page can be found at http://www.business.wayne.edu/gscm